The graphic module consists of three basic objects – graphic editor, graphic viewer, editor of drawing print reports and a whole set of tools and commands for working with drawings for creating and editing a project.
The module allows to:
- create and work with vector drawings,
- import drawings from CAD and GIS systems,
- link individual graphic elements to each other and to database data;
- create thematic maps and drawings as required by other Chastie FM modules,
- the module, in combination with database data, replaces the geographic information systems in management companies very effectively.
The graphic module includes:
- Vector graphics editor – serves for preparing and editing drawings for a project. It also enables quick editing of drawings (changes during the lifetime of objects – shifting the partition wall, doors, furniture moving, etc.). Of course, it is easy to draw and prepare drawings for the Chastie project using drawing templates. The program environment is very intuitive and resembles standard CAD applications.
The program allows to import drawings from CAD applications, to draw in own graphic environment, to define drawing templates, etc. The editor also allows to insert raster images into drawings – e.g. scanned drawings, photographs and the like.
- Graphic viewer – is primarily used for displaying graphic information (usually drawings), linking its elements (entities) to database records.
- Drawing print report editor – is used to define the viewing and printing of drawing reports. The main component of the print reports are Chastia FM drawings – but these are not necessarily mandatory. In addition to Chastia FM drawings, it is possible to insert pictures, text frames, etc. into the drawing sets. The editor is designed object-based, where each assembly element behaves completely independently – it can have its own size, scale, shape, and other properties.
The print report can be saved to disk for reuse in multiple formats.
The editor allows to print on large paper sizes, or a large drawing can be split into several smaller pages (for example, print an A0 drawing on an A4 printer).
- Tools for working with drawings. Chastia FM contains a number of supporting tools for working with drawings – e.g. a tool for linking drawings to each other, a tool for generating records into a database from objects in a drawing, a tool for generating lengths, perimeters, and areas from drawings, and the like. Such tools make working with Chastia FM very comfortable. They facilitate the work in the preparation of the project considerably and significantly speed up and cheapen these activities.